MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS
We often see a distinction often made between 'mind' and 'body'. Though, the two should NOT be thought as separate when taking in consideration both mental health and physical health.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS THAT CAN AFFECT US?
The term mental health refers to a variety of conditions and disorders which impact our mood, the way we think and our behavior. These conditions can affect our day to day lives as well as impacting our ability to relate to others.
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mentaL illness each year.
- 1 in 20 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year.
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year.
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24.
Can just one event cause a mental health condition?
Mental health conditions develop due to many different influences and life events. Those conditions are outlined below:
- PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Social Isolation and Loneliness
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- BPD Borderline Personality Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- OCD or Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Schizoaffective Disorder
Maintaining our mental health and well-being is essential through every stage of our life. And depending on the severity of the conditions above, professional medical assistance may be required. I want to stress that mental health is a priority of House of Attilius to help combat, but only from a preventative side. Exploring disciplines that can help act as a possible preventative or therapy to help restore or strengthen our cognition, our behavior and our emotional well-being.
For further information you may also click on the following link to checkout MentalHealth.gov