What is Qigong?
- Qigong was developed in ancient China thousands of years ago for use with Traditional Chinese Medicine. Its a systematic application of energy for health, healing, and wellness purposes.
- Qigong is an exercise and skill of harmonizing the spirit, body, and breath to achieve oneness. It exercises the internal and external body.
- External cultivation supports bone, skin, and sinew. (sinew is a piece of tough fibrous tissue uniting muscle to bone or bone to bone; a tendon or ligament.)
- “Qi” (pronounced chee) means air or energy. “Gong” means work.
- Qi is defined as the circulating life force.
- It is an active principle forming a part of any living thing.
- Qi is the central principle in in traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts.
- The literal translation of Qi is breath, air, or gas.